The prototype being developed by SOL HAUS DESIGN will be targeted at about $70,000 for construction cost at approximately $100 per square feet. This is considerably less than typical cost for construction at $300 per square foot. We are currently collaborating with local contractors and suppliers to achieve this baseline cost.
The unit is a small residential dwelling at about 700 square feet, one bedroom + full bath. It has a vaulted ceiling in the open living area and a lofted space above the bedroom and bath.
- 640 sq. ft. to 750 sq. ft. of living space
- Wood framing with 2×6 walls, prefabricated panelized systems
- Dual paned low-E windows and doors
- Heat rated gas fireplace
- Formaldehyde-free cabinets and millwork
- Recycled paper countertop
- Energy star appliances: washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove
- Water conserving fixtures: toilets and faucets
- Stained concrete flooring with slab foundation
- Tankless water heater