The guesthouse prototype is approx. $70,000 with 640sf ($110 per square foot).
- FRAMING: 2×6 walls, prefabricated panelized systems with SIPS (structural insulated panels)
- WINDOW/ DOORS: Fiberglass or aluminum, dual paned, low-E
- SIDING: durable Hardie Panel siding; options available in stucco or plaster
- ROOF: Galvalume standing seam metal roof; options available in tile
- HEATING: Efficient, heat rated gas fireplace
- CABINETS: Formaldehyde-free, no off-gasing millwork
- COUNTERTOP: Recycled paper countertop by Richlite
- APPLIANCES: Energy star appliances: washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove
- HEALTHY INTERIOR FINISHES: No VOC or formaldehyde
- PLUMBING: Water conserving fixtures: toilets, faucets, showerheads (Energy Star rated)
- FLOOR: Stained concrete flooring with slab foundation
- WATER HEATER: Tankless water heater by Takagi or equal
- HEATING/ COOLING: Remote ductless heating and cooling by MItsubishi/Fujitsu/Halcyon
Flat Packed, Modular & Prefabricated Construction
SOL HAUS DESIGN is collaborating with a local supplier for structural insulated panels (SIPS) for the prefabricated panelized system. With a manufacturing warehouse in Sacramento, California, they can produce wall and roof sections with less waste, high energy efficiency and a much faster and efficient time frame for construction. This eliminates construction waste typically found in traditional on-site or “stick-built” construction. Also, the controlled environment in a warehouse allows for building without the challenges of weather, thereby reducing the construction schedule.
When wall panels are completed (insulation and framing included), the panels are stacked on a flat bed truck. They are shipped to the jobsite ready to be installed on the foundation, thereby reducing construction time dramatically.