INTRODUCING: NEW TINY HOUSE PROTOTYPE!
A BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED TINY HOUSE FOR $125,000 – PRE-PERMITTED FOR APPROVAL!
Many homeowners are challenged by the cost of construction and permitting fees to add an ADU (accessory dwelling unit) or guesthouse on their property. SOL HAUS DESIGN are finding ways to address these problems and to provide affordable housing solutions. We believe it is our responsibility to provide maximum economic value with simple and efficient design solutions.
With a tiny footprint of 240 square feet, the guesthouse feels spacious. It has a vaulted ceiling, plenty of natural light, and large patio doors which looks onto to a large deck. The open floor plan includes a living room/dining, kitchen, and spacious bathroom. There is a loft space above for an additional storage.
MODULAR, FACTORY BUILT & PRE-PERMITTED!
SOL HAUS DESIGN is collaborating with a reputable factory builder for the modular units. Check out BevyHouse in Ventura, CA.
With a factory warehouse in Ventura they can produce high quality structures with less waste, high energy efficiency and a much faster and efficient time frame for construction. This eliminates construction waste typically found in traditional on-site or “stick-built” construction. Also, the controlled environment in a factory allows for building without the challenges of weather, thereby reducing the construction schedule.
The units are built like traditional conventional method in compliance with IRC and CRC code. They are registered and permitted under HCD (California Housing and Community Development). The units are ready to go from the factory as a turn-key solution. These units are considered factory built housing (FBH).
The units are completed (with finishes, cabinets, lighting) in the factory and delivered on a flat bed truck. They are delivered to the jobsite ready to be installed on a concrete block foundation. Site preparation can be done simultaneously with construction time in the factory, thereby reducing construction time dramatically. The process can be as little as three months timeframe for permitting, construction and installation.
We recognize that a major source of frustration is not knowing the cost for permitting. To this end, we are working with state and local building officials to provide a drawing set that has been pre-approved for permitting. It will consist of structural and architectural drawings, details and calculations with Title 24 engineering.
The result is a very efficient system which will greatly reduce the cost for permitting and construction. The cost estimate for our 240sf guesthouse prototype is $125,000. This excludes development cost for the land (utilities and site work). Contact us for more information.
The guesthouse prototype is $75,000 with 350sf (approx. $210 per square foot).
- FRAMING: 2×6 walls, prefabricated panelized systems with SIPS (structural insulated panels)
- WINDOW/ DOORS: Fiberglass or aluminum, dual paned, low-E
- SIDING: durable Hardie Panel siding; options available in stucco or plaster
- ROOF: Galvalume standing seam metal roof; options available in asphalt comp. tile
- HEATING/COOLONG: Mini-split ductless heating
- CABINETS: Formaldehyde-free, no off-gasing in millwork
- COUNTERTOP: Recycled paper countertop by Richlite
- APPLIANCES: Energy star appliances: washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove
- HEALTHY INTERIOR FINISHES: No VOC or formaldehyde
- PLUMBING: Water conserving fixtures: toilets, faucets, showerheads (Energy Star rated)
- FLOOR: Stained concrete flooring with slab foundation; option for hardwood floor or bamboo
- WATER HEATER: Tankless water heater